‘Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer’ error shows up on the screen when the user tries to switch QuickBooks to multi-user mode. When the error triggers, the user gets a message, “QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped.” The error occurs when QuickBooks Desktop is damaged, or the firewall prevents QuickBooks from connecting to the server. This blog will brief you on the ‘Qbdbmngrn not running on this computer’ error, its causes and solutions, so stay connected till the end.
If you need a professional’s help to overcome Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer error, then call us on our toll-free number 1-(800)-579-9430 and talk to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
You may also read : QuickBooks error 6094
What leads to ‘Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer’ error?
Following are the factors responsible for the error:
- Corrupted installation of QuickBooks.
- The firewall is preventing QuickBooks from connecting to the server computer.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not installed on the server computer.
Now, proceed to the troubleshooting procedure given in the blog.
Possible Quick Fixes for ‘Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer’
Following are the most effective solutions to fix the error:
Solution 1. Update Windows firewall
Following these steps will update the firewall and can fix issues related to it:
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Within the Run box, write ‘Control firewall.cpl’ and hit Enter.
- Open Windows Firewall and hover over the Update your firewall section.
- Click Update Now and then Use Recommended Settings.
- After updating the firewall, restart the workstation.
If the solution given above didn’t work, try the next one.
Solution 2. Run QuickBooks File Doctor
Follow these steps to download QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the File Doctor tool:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to Downloads.
- Then, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Install the tool hub by following the on-screen steps.
- Agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- When the installation completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
- Open the tool hub and choose the Company File Issues tab.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Next, choose the company file from the drop-down menu.
- If the file is not visible, click Browse and search the file.
- Select the Check you file option and click Continue.
- Enter the admin login credentials and click Next.
- Let the tool run.
Hopefully, the solutions mentioned in the blog helped you rectify ‘Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer’. If the problem persists, contact the QuickBooks support team by dialing our helpline number 1-(800)-579-9430.